Sunday, June 29, 2008

Loosing my identity---

Last week for me was very tough.. We had planning with my new MC and were supposed to plan next year for Southern Cone.. I did not imagine that after several plannings with my LC/coaching LC/ MC it will be for me so difficult.. SOOO dufficult..

The worst thing was that the things that are working in Czech Republic, the way of work, I was used to use there, is totally not working here.. My way of thinking is not understandable for other people and I somehow cannot follow their mind processes..

Girls form CEE were here all the time challenging the process all the time trying to do it more effectively, better, but it ends up with a huge mess and muuuuch misused time..

The peak moment was in Thursday when I was totally but TOTALLY lost. I did not know where we are going I did not know what will be the output of these activities, I did not know how I should contribute. And that after 5 years in @ it reaaaally put me down..it was first time after long time that I could not think about any creative solution that could help at least for me to understand what they are talking about..


I had to leave the room, with lap top, staring into the PC and charts, thinking, but not coming with anything..
I was very down, thinking what was really the thing that was not working.. If it was really bad process or bad work way, or amI so stupid?

Tears and "looser-feeling" was followed by "CEE-IGN discussion" what we understand as Focus area and what as strategy and what as action steps etc.. At the end we agreed on one process that was understandable for all of us.. Latin guys told us after finishing that it was the same they wanted to do it before. So we had the same ideas but each of us was explaining it in different way..

And so it happens, that discussions take us soooo much time.. All the time, everybody wants to express him/herself (and as we do not still understand thinking of each other) the sessions that would be normally for an hour are suddenly for 3 hours.. Our MCP has here really really tough job..

So I m slowly losing my identity.. stopping to do the things I was used to do, stopping to use the same humor I was used to, stopping to follow the same working style I was used to and trying to figure out, what will be that what will fit here but will also fit me..

On the other side- outside work- I m trying to create here my new life.
New place to live, new place to spend time, starting find new favourite backery, favourite coffeeplace, favourite place for walks, for shopping.. Going everywhere with map, trying to figure our where I am, not understanding the language..Finding new people around, looking for my souldmates I can share anything, being alone many times.. this everything is contributing to building up my new "laTina" ... :)

2 comments:

Stefan Katz said...

hehe, this is mostly exactly how I feel...

I see that CEE and WENA coming to IGN doesn't make a great difference...

But think of what is possible... being an agent of positive change (i.e. increasing productivity) is a path with a lot of adversity... but you and I know that we'll make it...

Looking forward to posts like: "Unbelievable week, we just had the most amazing learning activity..." or "I'm amazed... we just had a team getting the biggest TN contract ever..." because, and here I have to quote a very good friend of mine: "The amazing thing is that here it is all possible..." (I think you know who I am talking about...)

Besos
Stefan

Tina Pospisilova said...

Exactly... :)